Saturday, October 29, 2016

Good News- Life Is Delicious and I Want Another Bite!

Yesterday I went for my annual Mammogram and had it as "diagnostic" rather than routine so I waited for it to be read. Good news. ALL CLEAR. No signs of any questionable tissue. I was only a little uneasy through the experience. I really wanted them to squish my breasts as much as possible. How could there be anything wrong after just a few months of chemo and radiation--- right!?!?! It was 3-D type so I felt good about the results being reliable. My next one will be in April 2017.
So each physician involved with me will get a report. There are 5.  Dr. Wilson (radiation) Dr. Gor (chemo/medical) Dr. Gillum (surgeon) Dr. Leuzzi (primary) Dr. Steighner (Gyn).

Today I am getting ready for winter by putting heavier blankets on my bed, getting caught up on my bills, and taking a friend out to lunch today. Some of Janet's grandchildren will be in town. Rhona and hers will be visiting Janet's Sukkah, so it will give me a chance to get caught up with them. Another opportunity to experience all the delicious simple things in life. HooRay!!!

I started at the Virtua gym in their "Next Steps" program where you get to work with a personal trainer twice a week and can use their facilities as often as you would like. This program is a nominal charge so it was in my budget. I do not know if I will continue when done after the 8 weeks.  My trainer is Adam and he worked out a weight training and aerobatic program- starting off slow and will work my way up, as expected, my least favorite exercise is working my abs....... He first had me lay down on a bench near a railing and I immediately asked to move the bench away from the railing- he then showed me to another one that is in the back... from away from the illusion of falling. Thank goodness!! And I do not have to get up and down off the floor. What a relief. Getting up off the floor has become very awkward.

I want to thank all of you for being by my side throughout this last year. It has been great to reach out and talk to you. I will continue to write about different things that cross my mind and what is going on in my life from time to time, as I love to write. Thank you again for your loyalty and all your interest and love. It has meant the world to me. I never felt alone or lost.  All because of you. You are the BEST!

1 comment:

  1. Great news about the mammo!!! Huge Fanfare!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete