Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Going For An Anniversary- A Whole Year Without A Haricut

My first Chemotherapy treatment was 12-30-15.  My hair started to fall out 2 weeks later and then I got a buzz cut. Eventually I became bald. Since we are approaching November already, I have decided to go the distance. I do have choices, I can still gel it and keep the curls tighter or I can get it somewhat smooth on top with lots of fullness with some blow drying.  Either way, I get lots of compliments so it is not about what looks good or is considered attractive. I am just in a new relationship that was not planned or expected....... I am still in the getting to know you phase of this relationship.  I always loved my hair and I am sure I will love my new hair as well. However, it is a reminder of everything I went through.  It tells the tale of chemotherapy, that I had to have because of the stage of my breast cancer. It is in fact, very bittersweet.

1 comment: