Saturday, December 17, 2016

Life Has Turned The Tide.

It is Saturday December 17 and I have been thinking about all the changes in the last year and so many anniversaries as well. With Uncle David passing away this month, that leaves only  Bobbie and Art of that generation and they really feel closer to Janet's generation than that of my parents. The truth is I do not even know how old they are-- they feel like they are in their 70's but could be in their 80s-- I just do not know. Their first grandchild left for college this year. There is no child of my generation under the age of 21.  Melissa is turning 22, Madison is 23 1/2 next month.  Almost all of Janet's kids and step kids are raising families of their own-- Cassie is well established  and independent now. Paul is a stepfather to a wonderful boy who consider Paul to be his father and has a lovely partner in Tracy and Aric has a great career. Life has turned the tide. My sisters and I are the older generation now for sure. All my college girl friends are now the age our parents were when we were in college.  20- 25- 30-35 years- sped by like lighting.
Last night I had pizza with Barry, Terri, Paul, Tracy, and Phoenix.   Charlie's Pizzeria on the Blvd has been there over 60 years and nothing has changed. If you go to their website you can see the old building which sits across from Whitaker avenue where Barry and Michael grew up. The sauce was outstanding and the pizza was different than traditional pie because of it- It had more sauce than cheese.     http://charlies-pizzeria.com  Terri and Barry are taking a vacation on a cruise ship next year- I am so excited for them both.

It was great to spend time with them. I regret not making more time to do it actually. I happened to be in Trevose for a work seminar on Ethics so I texted  my cousins to see if they were available.  Now that Uncle David has died, Barry has more freedom. Lucky for me the answer was YES.  I know I am old when I get to sit in the front sit while Tracy drove. Paul sat in the back with his son. I am now the Old Aunt. My car was back at Aunt Gertie's house which Barry is calling his house. Paul has the house he grew up in and this one will be Aric's house eventually, after Barry goes. The truth is I love my cousins very much and not sure why I don't make time to visit. I am so comfortable staying home and relaxing, doing not much of anything. I promise to make much more of an effort to spend time with others this coming year.







No comments:

Post a Comment