Wednesday, January 20, 2016

People are telling me I have a good shape head

I realized that some of you get nervous if I have not written in awhile- But I am really ok- just not too much to report- I have been working on writing a blog article  for my friend and colleague Rachel Prunchno. She and I are both connected by experiences with mental illness which I hate that term- we have nothing is out bodies called "mental"- It is a brain disorder. And getting the right kind of help for a loved with a brain disorder is not an easy task and learning not to be ashamed of having a relative with a illness in their brain is also very challenging. Rachel wrote a wonderful book called "Surrounded by Madness"  http://surroundedbymadness.net/

The kicker in the pants is that all the acceptable brain disorders are given to the neurologists (Parkinson, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Dementia)  and all the unacceptable ones are given to psychiatrists ( Depression, Anxiety,  Schizophrenia, Delirium, Impulse disorders ) and a whole different kind of insurance system to care for them.  It is plain wrong.

People are telling me I have a good shape head- Almost 90% bald- Crew cut did the trick to tolerate the experience- My next treatment is Friday- Talk more after that.

Hugs and kisses.

Nancy M. Alterman

No comments:

Post a Comment