Sunday, January 3, 2016

Bone pain

Okay- where are you wise guys.? Whoever had chemotherapy and got that awful injection to boost immunity, you forgot to mention the word PAIN. I'm rolling and rocking ever few hours with pain. What the heck happened girls.? Did you think this was like child birth- once it is over you forget that it was painful. Childbirth contractions last only seconds as opposed to minutes and more minutes of bone joint pain. Tylenol does help but then you get a belly ache and loose stools and a sore bottom. No one used that four letter word.  P A I N. Maureen, another former breast cancer patient confirmed it. Excruciating  pain in joint / bone- is the correct description.

Enough pain that  I was motivated to call  the drug manufacturers and say  "when will I get relief? " and she said. I do not know..... Let me look that up. The card I received said that there is a 24 hour helpline for patients. Not too well prepared as I know I can not be the first woman to ask that question. And the answer is: 80 hours the drug stays in you system. She could not do math and told me 6 days. Fortunately, I can do math which 80 hours is much closer to 4 days.  24 & 24 & 24. & 24. = 96- 16 hours = 80. Just 3 1/2 days of suffering.  The pain was sufficient that my own cushion on my ass was not enough to be comfortable. Can you imagine? I have a hefty cushion that travels with me wherever I go. But it was inadequate to protect me from pain in my hips, my knees, my ankles, toes etc. sit down, get up, roll around, stand up, sit down, rock backwards and forwards. Oops, now I am sea sick.

Thank goodness, the Berlin Mart was open, so Janet bought a big customized piece of foam to go under my couch cushions.  Ahhh. Better now.  And Nancy Paterson did a healing over the phone to remove pain without removing effectiveness of immunity medication. I learned how to call our creator to help me with pain too. Like all good parents, he does not like to see his children suffer. I know that not all parents are like him. Thank goodness I found him to love me unconditionally!

Which brings me to another subject. Thank God I know about suffering. I am no martyr,  trust me. Suffering is nothing I am fond of. But I can deal with it when I know it is temporary.  Not only that, but I am not a wimp. I needed to know that I was not being a baby. And thank goodness Maureen made me feel normal. YEA! I like feeling normal.

Need to eat now. Write again more soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your information dear! I think using these drugs isn't safe for us as they have a huge impact on our body. I also used to take drugs until I came to know about chiropractic treatment from chiropractor Mississauga center. Now I got permanent relief from that.

    ReplyDelete